Thursday, February 16, 2012

The most important thing in your life...

"The Most Important Thing In Your Life Is Your Life." - Bikram Choudhury
Take care of yourself. In whatever physical activity gets and keeps your heart pumping. Be kind to yourself. The most important thing in your life is your life.
I had a great Valentine's day with Dustin on Tuesday. It was probably our first real date night on a Valentine's since we met. Best part of the show was probably hearing Bob Schneider and the Orchestra and Tosca string quartet play Unforgettable. It was truly unforgettable, loved it!
Last night in yoga I was inspired by Kathy. She is amazing. She's the current Texas Asana Champion and is moving on to Nationals in March. She shared her experience with us and it was totally inspirational. Bikram Yoga brought her back from depression and anxiety. She mentioned the Bikram quote I mentioned earlier and it was a great reminder that doing the 60 challenge is the exact right thing to do for myself for the time being and participating in Bikram Yoga for the rest of my life is a definite reality. I signed up for the Advanced class for next weekend and it was a reality check. Joining USA Yoga as an "athlete" is surreal. It means I can participate in Advanced class but it brings the idea of competing in the future to the forefront of my mind. Maybe I could do it in the future. I know my number one cheerleader would be Kendall. She was uber excited by the idea of "competing" with yoga, especially when she saw Kathy demonstrate her rock star moves. We'll see what happens.



Pure Challenge Inspiration from Today's Newsletter:
The posture you dread the most is the one you need the most! Give your least favorite posture some more love and you'll dread it less! I guess here's to me in Camel today in Lisa's class! Maybe today will be a triple camel day, it always seems to work out that way...no cheesecake class for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment