Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Introvert, Extrovert - Seek Your Solitude

So my husband knows me. Better than I know my own self. He hit the nail on the head with this one. I'm just like Susan Cain.




If you know me, you'll understand how I operate and how I function the best. I am the introvert much like she describes herself and after watching the video I am proud to function the way I do. Dustin is an extrovert and together in our crazy imbalanced personalities and hobbies we balance each other out perfectly. Neither of us are perfect and neither of us are on the edge of the spectrum of introvert vs extrovert. Neither of us is a true ambivert but together we balance. We communicate, we laugh, we cry, we work hard, we comfort, we plan...we find solitude. We also...thanks to Dustin's hobby...collect suitcases. Suitcases to repurpose, suitcases to use for their intended purpose and suitcases to decorate our house...my perfect place for seeking introspection and solitude, my comfort zone for deep and passionate thought. Other than the hot room where I can be introverted in a room full of people, my cuddler end of the couch and my 4 legged company is my place to be me, my happy and proudly introverted self. So , whats in your suitcase?

No comments:

Post a Comment