Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thanksgiving Pot Roast

Last night, Kendall and I had a girls night. I picked her up from school and we drove home in more traffic than usual, both of us hungry. After finally getting home later than usual we decided that I would make a chicken dish served over rice using the Santa Fe Philly Cooking Creme. Philly Cooking Creme has become my new favorite refrigerator staple for last minute cooking ideas. We sat down for dinner and were both impressed with how good the last minute, thrown together meal was; Chicken, black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, jalapeno with the cooking creme served over rice.  Yum. My mouth is still watering.
As we sat together eating, Kendall proclaimed that, "We should make this for..."
I waited for her to finish her statement and it just kind of sat there unended. I said "...for Daddy?" thinking she was going to name a person. She said no and then thought about her statement some more. "We should make this for Thanksgiving or...we should make a Pot Roast!"
"A Thanksgiving Pot Roast...thats an interesting thought Kendall..."
We haven't made plans yet for this years Thanksgiving but we had discussed doing something non-traditional. Skipping the turkey and doing a shrimp boil instead. Apparently Kendall wants to have Pot Roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment