Monday, October 24, 2011

To Dos and To Donts

We all get caught up in every day. Shit happens. Literally and Figuratively. (Insert crazy poop story here.) What we can do is plan according to what we'd like to accomplish each day and work hard to achieve our goals. Whether we complete what we'd hoped depends on us and the days circumstances. Eyes open, breathing normal we can all get there. I've thought often to myself how exactly do I do it; my projects; big or small, my daily goals at work and home, and life; eating, breathing, sleeping, each and every day. Throw in my yoga 60 in 60 challenge and looking back I have no idea how I survived for two months doing yoga EVERY DAY. On top of that I did at least one load of laundry every single day (my stanky, sweaty yoga clothes). One month post challenge, laundry has piled up and I don't make it to yoga every day and my projects are not being accomplished as quickly as they were before. What happened? I'm not exactly sure. Apparently taking almost 3 hours out of my evening each day to prepare for yoga, take class and return home and bathe still allows me to feel more accomplished each evening than eating dinner at a normal hour, running errands and spending time with my family.

To Dos - Bikram every day or as close to it as possible, which leads to doing at least one load of laundry a day, which leads to folding laundry and putting clothes away, which leads to dusting bedroom furniture from the rapid accumulation of dust in our house (I should buy stock in Swiffer.), which leads to sound sleeping and waking up rested the next day which leads to everything righting itself in my world.

To Do for this week more specifically is - WALKING THE DOGS, morning walks are on my newfound early riser schedule. I will not sleep past my alarm however 'tired' I can convince myself I am to sleep just ten more minutes. The earlier I wake the more I can accomplish. I will no longer sweat the small stuff and just do; eyes open, breathing normal.

Anything is possible.

The only thing we can waste and not get back is...Time.

Time. It JUST happened and its NOT coming back. Unfortunately rewinding our lives and replay or redos have not been invented yet. Until then, use it or lose it...
Seattle Trip - Second blog post coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment