Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Clean Garage = Early Christmas

Dustin started a new challenge last weekend when the time changed. He utilized his extra hour to completely destroy our semi organized garage to re-organize it, create a work bench/work space for himself and prep for a garage sale. This project led to a full week of Mr. Prius hanging out in the driveway with a hoard of things laying on every inch of the garage floor. When this past weekend came around it was my new priority to help Dustin complete the original plan and get things put away. In my words, "If you don't get the garage cleaned up, I'm going to bulldoze everything in my way and park the Prius back in his spot!" Yes, I used the word bulldoze in reference to a Prius and Yes, my husband laughed at me.
Through our sort, we pulled everything out of storage, we rearranged tools, cleaning supplies and crafty things in one area along with all the lawn and outdoor supplies we've accumulated and I got an entire new shelf for my couponing haul and Costco items. Couponing is a lot like shopping at Costco, you end up with supplies for a year that you have to find a place for. This is ok by me as long as we use it. I have an entire shelf full of cereal, one for canned goods and another for my sports drinks for when I'm on the Yoga wagon (Which I am by the way...). One pesky rather large item was left after our mass organization and that was my 9' Christmas Tree in a bag. With two weeks until Thanksgiving weekend and nothing better to do, who wouldn't just go ahead and start decorating for the holidays. Officially the earliest I have ever thought about or made any movement toward decorating for the holidays. Now there aren't ornaments on the tree because I am of course waiting until Kendall is with us so she can help with that process but the tree is up, the lights are on and the presents are wrapped under the tree.
Now what will I do with myself for the next month and a half...
...Go to Yoga...
...Cook/Bake...
...Coupon...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment