Thursday, January 12, 2012

Realigning the Body

Day 10 down in the books and on the report card. I'll get my first "earned" free class pass today when I take my report card for the challenge with me to class tonight.
Almost every teacher in the Bikram studio talks about how this yoga can help realign your spine just by practicing the postures consistently and of course in the exact order that Bikram came up with.  It could take weeks, months or years to see a shift but eventually it will. Since I began my own Bikram journey I never felt anything realign or shift I always just felt sore...until last night during the Standing Separate Leg Stretching posture in Amanda's class. First set, stretched down and pop. My upper back popped into place, a place much different than it resided before. Immediate relief from something. It was totally weird but it felt awesome. I'm surprised I didn't say something out loud during class because it caught me so off guard. I have always had a very stiff upper back and shoulders and I hold all my stress up there. When it shifted last night I loved it and it gave me a great reason to push through the second set to see if I could repeat the effect.  Unfortunately I was not meant to get any more pops last night but it definitely gave me inspiration for the next realignment whenever it decides to show itself.
So here's to the first sixth of the challenge completed and to all the realigning of mind, body and soul to come in the next 50 days...
Eyes Open, Breathing Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment