Monday, January 9, 2012

Team Smiling Happy Faces

At Pure Bikram Austin I only take classes at the Cedar Park Studio. My reasoning is more because its conveniently located near my house than anything else. If it was deemed necessary I would travel to the downtown studio or other locations to take class but I'm a Pure Bikram CP at heart. Since I signed up for the 60 day challenge this round I will get a report card to track my progress, a goodie bag plus a tshirt for completing the challenge plus free class cards and all sorts of "your special" freebies, goodies and promotions. I heart Pure Bikram! As a resident yogi at the Cedar Park studio I was put on the Cedar Park team - Smiling Happy Faces with our coaches/instructors/gurus/inspiration leaders - Edy, Jackie, Brent and Nora. CPs greatest will rock this 60 day challenge with our smiling happy faces, our CP pride and our awesome team leaders. I'm really excited to fill out my report card daily to keep track of my challenge and to have a team and leaders to keep me in check and keep me inspired to walk in that door every day. So far so good. 7 days down in my challenge and I'm still feeling great.
I was a little sore yesterday but my allergy/cold symptoms are finally depleting and I'm feeling like my regular self in and out of the hot room. I would still like to live in that room. As much as they say its torture during class and its the feeling after class that keeps us coming back, for me on most days its about 90% of the classtime that I love being in there and the other 10% of Camel and Rabbit that I want to run. I know I know, its the poses you dislike the most that you need the most. I remind myself of that every moment that I'm contorted into those poses and I am convinced that someday I will like them. I used to dislike Triangle until the day Lisa made us do three sets. I've learned to love it ever since.
Both of my morning weekend classes were packed with challengers, regular weekenders and newbies. When there are a lot of people in the room, I find myself eagerly wanting to rock the front row just to insure that I can see my own two eyes in the mirror and I won't be distracted by all the other bodies. It's definitely hotter up there in row one and I love it!  I started my challenge last Monday when we got back in town after New Years. Part of me is trying to convince myself to do a double so that I can finish in 59 days and be done exactly on February 29th. That would make it a 60 classes in 59 days challenge but would bring me even more to celebrate on Leap Year! 7 classes down - 53 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment